Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

Who's raising my children?

When I focus on my children, when I intentionally respond to them in a way that's congruent with the kind of father I want to be, everything is good.  Little conflicts.  No elevating of arguments.  Everyone is heard, respected.  Happy kids, happy me. 

The problem is; I don't always give them my intentional, congruent response.  I often will react, or simply let my habits present the example my children are watching.  The scary thing is, I don't even know how often that is.  That's kinda the point.  When I'm unconsciously living - I don't know it.

Excluding the extreme examples...  Anyone can be an outstanding parent - when they're trying, consciously.  But mostly it's our habits that raise our children.

Lets stand for the best within us.  Lets all do a little better tomorrow; One little conscious choice victory at a time.

No comments: